Locksbottom Podiatry will as far as possible remain open for consultations and/or telephone advice where applicable.
Further to the continuing development of the situation in respect of the coronavirus I am writing to inform you, as a valued patient, of the actions we are taking at Locksbottom Podiatry and at the clinic in general, in order to make any visit you make to us as safe as possible during this difficult and challenging time.
You will be aware of, and we know and appreciate that you will respect the advice and guidelines from the Government and Public health England, not to be in the public domain and not to visit us if you have;
- A new persistent cough, dry or productive.
- New shortness of breath.
- A fever
- Have been in close contact with a known or suspected Covid-19 sufferer the last 14 days
All admin and other clinical staff working in the Locksbottom clinic, with JK Physio or Locksbottom Podiatry will of course respect the same guidelines.
In addition, for your safety and reassurance, we have initiated the following protocols:
- When you come to the practice, we will ask you to wash your hands with soap and water on entering and leaving the building. We also have automatic hand sanitisers in place.
- We have a strict health and safety policy in place, with a daily cleaning plan, which includes the cleaning of all exposed hard surfaces on a regular basis.
- We have removed temporarily all the magazines in reception but please feel free to bring your own.
- We will maintain the safe recommended distance where at all possible and ask you to do the same.
If you wish to minimise the time you spend in the practice you are very welcome to wait outside or in your car until the time of your appointment when we will telephone you to ask you to come in.
The above policies will be modified in accordance with any additional advice we received from the government and Public Health England and advise you accordingly If these changes will or may influence your own actions. If you feel you cannot attend, we do understand, please do let us know and if you need to speak to your podiatrist, we will do our very best to help you remotely. Where possible we may be able to offer a home visit.
Many thanks for your valued help and support. I remain committed to providing you with the best possible level of service, maintaining the highest standards during this unprecedented time.
Paul Studart, Principal